Some days I just want a chance to photograph my kids.
On this day we headed to the woods on a little hike. I knew the light would be gorgeous at about 10am and I didn’t want to miss it.
Cocoa came with us and she was completely distracting to the girls but we just went with it.
I love opportunities like this when I can just go on an adventure with the kids and grab some fun images of them at the same time.
*When you’re out with your kids, just go with it. Try to leave your expectations at home of what needs to happen in order for you to be happy with your pictures. I know it can be difficult because you may have that ONE awesome shot you want to get.
If you’re looking for one awesome shot. Make sure the rest of the time is just pure fun.
- make everything fun, play, laugh for at least 10 minutes
- gather for the one shot you’re hoping for
- let it take only a couple of minutes
- and then back to the fun
Why this tip? If your kids are starting to cringe or cry every time the camera comes out it’s time for some new associations with the camera. Happy memories and fun times will help them enjoy the camera again.
Do you wish your picture taking of your own family could be stress free? Make sure to watch here on the blog…I’m sharing something very soon! (that’s also free! stress free and free? sign me up!)
Photographing my kids is an adventure!
I want to hear about your adventures photographing your kids! Please tell me about it in the comments!
- What do you struggle with most when you’re taking pictures of your own kids?
- What do you wish you knew how to do better to get your kids’ real personalities to come through in a picture?
- What’s the most stressful thing that happens when you try to take pictures of your own family or kids?
Make sure to sign up for all of the super fun stuff I send from the Familyness Fort!
Davina Fear is a Familyness Adventurer. She is an expert s’mores maker and can make any photo shoot fun.
She blogs at davinafear.com and she likes the Cobb Salad at Panera.